Spring is the perfect time for experimenting with new recipes and introducing some fresh and lighter meals into my diet. Intuitively, I also head for veggie bowls, soups, fruits, and salads this time of year. Blooming Spring feels for sure. The recent changes in my diet around the cleanses, Candida, and Parasites has helped me be able to tap into a cycle of intuitive eating and really dial in on my relationship between self and food. This Past month has changed this cycle as I recently found out I had IBS. To adjust, I have been transitioning into a style of eating that is vegan, intuitive, and functional for my new IBS Elimination and low FODMAPS friendly diet. I am happy to report it is not as restrictive as it may sound. Many plants and earthy goodies are still on the table and with a little extra time in the kitchen, I am creating some nourishing and simple meals. I am a firm believer that you can truly enjoy food and listen to your body and on restrictive lifestyle food plan and/or diet( such as Vegan and low FODMAP). This Noodle Dish is certainly no exception! Here the recipe.
Simple and Nourishing Vegan Noodle BOWL (LOW FODMAP)
( Serves 2)
1 Head of Bok Choy
Half A Box of Buckwheat Noodles (Wheat Free)
Half a Box of Vegetable Stock ( I use a Sea Vegetable Veggie Base )
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 Hemp Tofu (Soy Free)
¼ Cup of Water
2 tbs Of olive oil
- Chop up Carrots, Tomato, and Bok Choy into reasonably small chunks and pieces.
- Add Water, Vegetable Stock, and coconut aminos to a large pot and bring to boil. Add in Vegetables.
- Chop Hemp Tofu into squares. Add Oil to a Pan and Cook the hemp until partially brown.
- Add Cooked Hemp to Vegetable Stock Mix. Add in Buckwheat Noodles. Cook on medium until softened. Add a pinch(or desired amount) of turmeric to the mix.
- Serve. Top with pepper and salt.